Takes Place At: The Brownson House
Registration Deadline: November 20th, 2017
Season Start: November 29, 2017
Season End: Late: Late February or Early March 2018
- 1st and 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade and 8th Grade
Registration Fee: $300 per team plus referees fees of $180
Admission Fees (per game):
- Adults – $2.50
- Senior Citizens – $1.50
- Children (2nd – 12th Grade) – $1.50
If you need insurance information for your school district please contact us. We provide an insurance binder for teams that covers them at their practice facilities.
The season will begin play on Wednesday, November 29th, 2017 and the season will finish by the end of February or early March of 2018. The deadline to register teams in to the league is Monday, November 20th, 2017.
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade games will have two officials scheduled by the Brownson House. The games will be Monday through Thursday at 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, or 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 a.m., 12:00 noon, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 p.m. We may have to play Friday evenings depending on the number of teams that commit to the leagues . The Friday night schedule would be games at 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 p.m.
They will play by National Federation Rules except:
- No full court press until the last minute of the game.
- The free throw shooter can cross the line on a jump. If the officials feel they are trying to gain a rebounding advantage by running into the lane a violation will be called.
6th grade and 7th/8th grade games will follow National Federation Rules. The games will be Monday through Thursday at 5:00, 6:00, 7:00, or 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:00, 10:00, 11:00 am,12:00 noon, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 p.m. We may have to play Friday evenings depending on the number of teams that commit to the leagues.
Games for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th/8th graders will consist of two 15 minute halves. It is a continuous running clock for the first 13 minutes of each half and the clock will only stop for free throws, time outs, and official’s time. The clock will stop on ALL whistles the last two minutes of each half.
Teams will have 5 timeouts per game. 3 full timeouts and two 30 second timeouts.
A 28.5 sized basketball will be used in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade games.
A 29.5 sized ball will be used in 6th and 7th &8th grade games.
Overtime periods will be two minutes.
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade teams will only be allowed to full court press in the last minute of overtime.
For the first minute of O.T. the clock will be continuous run and the last minute it will stop on all whistles.
3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th/8th teams will play an eight game schedule plus playoffs. Every team qualifies for the playoffs.
Players can move up a grade, but not down. A player can only play on one team during the season. A player from a split team or a player from the same school district’s lower grade team can participate in a regular season game to avoid forfeits, but the Brownson House and the opposing coach should be made aware of the situation prior to tip-off of the game. NO PLAYERS CAN PLAY ON TWO TEAMS DURING THE PLAYOFFS. If a player plays for two different teams in the playoffs it will be forfeit for both teams.
All players must play for the school district they attend, unless they go to a school (private, parochial, or etc.) that doesn’t play in the Brownson House League, and then they are required to play for the school district in which they reside.
PIAA and/or Brownson House officials will be used for all games.
All coaches are required comply with the Act 153 criminal background checks. This isn’t a Brownson House rule this is the Pennsylvania Law.
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance Form ( Free through the state)
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check (Free through the state)
- The FBI Child Abuse History Clearance ($25.75 through the state) or if they have lived in the state of Pennsylvania for 10 consecutive years sign the waiver provided by the Brownson House.
- Teams from outside the state of Pennsylvania will be required to complete a waiver stating that all coaches have had background checks and are permitted to work with children.
Member ship fee will be $300.00 per team. But your organization will pay $180.00 or the registration fee to pay for officials. The total cost per team will be $300 plus officials fees $180.00 which comes to $480.00.
Each team will be required to pay one official $20.00 prior to tip off of every game. (9 games) 8 regular season games and the first playoff game X $20.00 = $180.00 for the season.
If you have any questions or would like information concerning this league, please contact Jon Celani at 724 222-1440 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can register for any Brownson House Program in two different ways:
- Register in Person – Print out and bring in a completed registration form during registration period for the program you wish to participate in. If there are any applicable fees, please be sure to bring the appropriate amount with you.
- Register by Mail – Print out and mail in your completed registration form during the registration period for the program you wish to participate in. Be sure to include a check to cover the costs of the program you are registering for.
- Register Online – Please fill out the online form and submit. Then bring the payment with you to the game or mail it to: The Brownson House Inc. 1415 Jefferson Avenue Washington, PA 15301
Please make all checks payable to The Brownson House