Takes Place At: The Brownson House
Registration Deadline: November 23rd, 2016
Season Start: November 28, 2016
Season End: Late: Late February or Early March 2017
- 1st and 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade
- 4th Grade
- 5th Grade
- 6th Grade
- 7th Grade and 8th Grade
Registration Fee: $300 per team plus referees fees of $180
Admission Fees (per game):
- Adults – $2.50
- Senior Citizens – $1.50
- Children (2nd – 12th Grade) – $1.50
If you need insurance information for your school district please contact us. We provide an insurance binder for teams that covers them at their practice facilities.
The 1st and 2nd grade league is instructional. Coaches will referee all the games. Each team must provide one official. All officials will need a whistle. Referees/coaches must be willing to call the game and instruct both teams. Games are played on 9 foot hoops. Games will be 55 minutes in length, periods will be 5 minutes. NO SCORE WILL BE KEPT ON THE SCOREBOARD OR THE BENCHES. Games will be played Monday- Thursday at 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. and on Saturdays starting at 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. start times. Teams will play an 8 game schedule. NO PLAYOFFS. Defenses CAN’T guard beyond the red line at the top of the key on the Brownson House floor.
3rd, 4th and 5th grade games will have two officials scheduled by the Brownson House. The will play National federation Rules except:
- 1. No full court press until the last minute of the game.
- 2. The free throw shooter can cross the line on a jump. If the officials feel they are trying to gain a rebounding advantage by running into the lane a violation will be called.
6th grade and 7th/8th grade games will have two officials and follow National Federation Rules. Games will be played Monday – Thursday at 6:00, 7:00, and 8:00 p.m. start times.
Games for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th/8th graders will consist of two 15 minute halves. It is a continuous running clock for the first 13 minutes of each half and the clock will only stop for free throws and time outs. The clock will stop on ALL whistles the last two minutes of each half.
Teams will have 5 timeouts per game. 3 full timeouts and two 30 second timeouts.
A 28.5 sized basketball will be used in all games from 5th grade down. And a boys varsity ball will be used for all games 6th grade and up.
Overtime will be two minutes. 4th and 5th grade teams will only be allowed to full court press in the last minute of overtime. The first minute of o.t. the clock will be continuous run and the last minute it will stop on all whistles.
3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th/8th teams will play an eight game schedule plus playoffs.
Players can move up a grade but not down. A player can only play on One team during the season. A player from a split team or a player from the same school district’s lower grade team can participate in a regular season game to avoid forfeits. But the Brownson House and the opposing coach should be made aware of the situation prior to tip-off of the game. NO PLAYERS CAN PLAY ON TWO TEAMS DURING THE PLAYOFFS.
All players must play for the school district they attend, unless they go to a school (private, parochial, or etc.) that doesn’t play in the Brownson House League.
PIAA and / or Brownson House officials will be used for all games.
All coaches are required to provide a criminal background. The Brownson House will provide a background check for any coach that doesn’t have one.
If you have any questions or would like information concerning this league, please contact Jon Celani at 724 222-1440 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can register for any Brownson House Program in two different ways:
- Register in Person – Print out and bring in a completed registration form during registration period for the program you wish to participate in. If there are any applicable fees, please be sure to bring the appropriate amount with you.
- Register by Mail – Print out and mail in your completed registration form during the registration period for the program you wish to participate in. Be sure to include a check to cover the costs of the program you are registering for.
- Register Online – Please fill out the online form and submit. Then bring the payment with you to the game or mail it to: The Brownson House Inc. 1415 Jefferson Avenue Washington, PA 15301
Please make all checks payable to The Brownson House