The Brownson House & Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex is proud to announce we will be offering Soccer Shots for our Fall Season! This program is available for all children, ages 2-5, for 8 weeks long. It is unique in its design in that it will introduce soccer to your child in a fun, safe, and controlled environment. Each week, we offer 30 to 35 minute soccer sessions where we teach basic soccer skills, fun games, and healthy competition to your child. Our program also emphasizes character-forming lessons such as fair team play, individual concentration, cooperation, and encouragement.
Information about the program:
- Who: All children ages 2 – 5!
- Where: Washington – Brownson House
- When: Choose between: Mon. starting Sept. 16th: 5:30 pm (2-3) or 6:15pm (3-5)
Saturdays starting Sept. 21st: 10:00am (2-3) or 10:45 (3-5)
- Cost: $85/ 8-week season which includes FREE -shirt, weekly prizes, Certificate of Participation and end of the season prize.
- Register online: here! Click the “Register Now” button and select Park Program
- Contact: Anthony by email or by phone: 724-705-5044
About the Director: Anthony Calvano is a professional soccer player, a gifted soccer teacher, and a kid enthusiast! He played for the professional soccer team in the area called the Pittsburgh Riverhounds, but retired in 2013. He played professionally for 8 years. Anthony played at Penn State University making it to the elite 8 and winning a Big Ten Championship.
Anthony has coached high school, middle school, and club soccer and has worked with thousands of youth soccer players as a Soccer Shots instructor. In addition to playing and coaching soccer, Anthony has a degree in elementary education from Penn State. Anthony is an active member of the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA).