Age Groups 6-8 and 9-12 (All Co-Ed)
Welcome to the fall 2013 Youth Flag Football League at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex.
Please find included on this page basic information concerning the league. Please let your coach or we here at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex know of any questions or concerns you may have.
- Equipment: The only equipment that is required is a mouth piece. Each player is required to wear a mouth piece during each game. The league will supply each player with the first mouth piece. Please read the instructions on the package and for the proper fitting of the mouth piece. We will have a supply of mouth pieces here at the facility if you lose or forget to bring one. The cost is $1.00 for each additional mouth piece. Each player can wear tennis shoes or soccer or football rubber spikes. The player should wear loose fitting clothes that will allow the player to run comfortably.
- Practice: Practices will be held at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex and will be set up and run by the team’s coaches.
- Games: All games will be played at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex, with many being played on Saturday afternoons. There will be mid-week games during the season. The first game will be on Saturday, September 28, 2013.In order to have more warm up time prior to each game, when each player arrives, they should go to their locker room (We will have home and visitor locker rooms) and put their belts on. Parents may help their child in the locker room with this. Locker rooms are located to the right as you enter the facility.
- Play: We will try and have each player play about the same amount of time, with each player getting a chance to play each position. This is to be a fun and enjoyable learning experience for all of the players. Please allow all of the players to enjoy this experience.
- Admission: Each game there will be an admission fee for all parents and spectators who attend the game. The fee is $2.50 for adults, $1.50 for senior citizens (62 and up) and $1.50 for students in grades 2 thru 12. Children in grades 1 and below are free. The admission fee will be collected at the door. Coaches and players are free. We thank you for your continued support of our programs.
- Concession Stand: The Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex has a full concession stand and will be opened during all games. No outside food or drink is permitted in the facility. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Visiting Team: Will sit on the bench near the scoreboard and wear the red jersey.
Home Team: Will sit on the bench near the front entrance and wear the white jersey.
Any person whose conduct is detrimental to the league will be suspended from that game or any remaining games.
All cancellations will be announced and WJPA 1450 AM and 95.3 FM.
You can make a difference during the United Way Campaign. Use the Donor Choice – Brownson House Code 43. Thank you!
Monday September 9 and Wednesday September 11 from – 6:00 to 8:00 At The Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex
Cost: $60.00 Includes Jersey
**$45 per player if you have your red & white reversible jersey from our previous Flag Football Leagues**
No refunds unless league is cancelled! May combine age divisions!
Games are scheduled for throughout the week and on weekends
(Please make checks payable to the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex)
DEADLINE TO REGISTER & PAY: September 11, 2013
(Registration is valid only if payment is received by September 11, 2013)
You can register in one of three ways:
REGISTER ONLINE: Fill out the online form below, we may still need a parent/guardian signature when you arrive at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex.
REGISTER BY MAIL: Download the form, print & fill it out, and mail to:
THE VERNON C. NEAL SPORTSPLEX – 200 Dunn Ave. – Washington, PA 15301
(Alternatively, you can bring the printed form with you in person)
REGISTER IN PERSON: on Monday, September 9 or Wednesday, September 11 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm at the Vernon C. Neal Sportsplex.